- Plant Name – Piper Betle Plant
- Placement – Outdoor
- Height – Upto 5 inches
- Plastic Pot Dimensions – 5 inches
About Piper Betle Plant
Piper betle is an evergreen climbing shrub producing woody stems 5 – 20 meters long. The stems produce adventitious roots, with which they can adhere to other plants etc for support. The plant was probably originally native to Malaysia.
Benefits having piper betle at home
Leaves of Piper betle possess several bioactivities and are used in traditional medicinal systems. Many research studies on Piper betle has shown that it contains many important medicinal properties like anticancer, anti-allergic, anti-malaria, antioxidant, anti-diabetic, gastro-protective, anti-platelet, oral hygiene and anti-asthmatic effect.
How to care Piper Betle Plant
- Piper Betle plant needs at least 5 to 6 hours of direct sunlight daily.
- Water the plant almost daily in summer or you can check the soil if the top inch feels dry water the plant.
- Loosen the upper soil in the plant with extra care, try not to damage the roots of the plants. It will help the plant to get more nutrients.
- Prune the plant frequently ( Remove the old leaves)
- You can use organic fertilizers once in a month for good and rapid growth of the plant.
There are no reviews yet.