- Plant Name – Tamarindus Indica
- Placement – Outdoor
- Height – Upto 10 inches
- Plastic Pot Dimensions – 5 inches
About Tamarindus Indica Plant
The tamarind (Tamarindus indica) is a semi-evergreen tropical tree that produces edible leaves, flowers and pods. It is indigenous to tropical Africa and non-native to Asia and Central America.
Benefits having Tamarindus Indica at home
Tamarind can be used for constipation, liver and gallbladder problems, and stomach disorders.
How to care Tamarindus Indica Plant
- Tamarind are resistant to temperature till 28 degree Fahrenheit only.
- It is a tropical tree, it can endures mild winter.
- It prefers deep loamy soil. Soil should be well drained.
- Trim tamarind tree regularly to control its growth and maintain its shape.
- Remove dead and damaged wood or leaves from the plant.