Product Details: –
- Stevia Plant
- Scientific Name: Stevia Rebaudiana
- Plant Placement: Outdoor
- Type of Plant: Herbs
- Plant height: 6 inches
- Pot Type: Black Garden Plastic Pot
- Pot Size: 5 inches
About Stevia Plant: –
Stevia is known as sweet leaf, a flowering plant in the aster family, grownup for its sweet-tasting leaves. It is native to Paraguay, where it has a long history of use by the Guaraní people.
Stevia is a sweet-tasting plant that has been used to sweeten drinks and make tea since the 16th century. It is used as a non-nutritive sweetener and herbal complement. As an another to sucrose, or table sugar, using stevia as a sweetener carries the potential for considerable health benefits. The low-calorie count is suitable Stevia to be a healthy alternative for diabetes control or weight loss.
How to Care Stevia Plant: –
- This herb needs full sun so keep the plant in bright direct sunlight.
- It grows well in loamy and fertile soil with good drainage.
- Water the plant when the top(1-2 inches) of soil feels dry to touch.
- Do not re-pot the plant for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
- Prune the plant throughout the year to control its size and promote bushier and more dense growth.
- Reduce watering during winter to prevent diseases.